Saturday, November 19, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving…A Little Early

     I had a great time of learning at the Innov8 Conference in St. Louis this week.  My head is still spinning with all the new information.  It was an amazing opportunity to hear from top researchers, practitioners, and speakers on math topics.  I’m eager to implement my new learning as well as share it with you and the rest of the Ray Staff.  Thanks for your support for staff to have opportunities like this one.  It was hard to be away from the classroom.  It sounds like Mr. Hadlock did well with the class and with the Miss Nelson is Missing lessons I left for him.  The milk carton pictures of me are a riot and the letters the kids wrote to me are precious.  The milk carton pictures are up outside our classroom.
     I got home at 3 am Saturday morning.  So this note is just to let you know I did make it back and, although it means another day out of the classroom, I am looking forward to meeting with those of you who have conferences on Monday.  If you have not signed-up yet, I am sure there are still spaces.  There’s a link in the last newsletter for the sign-up.
     I hope your Thanksgiving is a time of connection with those you love and a time of reflection of everything for which we can be thankful.  I’m certainly thankful for the opportunity to be teaching your children as well as the support you all provide.

Dates: 
Monday, November 21st Parent-Teacher Conferences all day
Wednesday-Friday, Nov 23-25 No School, Thanksgiving Break
(No Reading/Math logs for the week of Thanksgiving, I will send them home again on the 28th, to be due December 5th—Yikes! December!
Wednesday, Dec 7th Hour of Code (our class will have an hour of code at school, this is the third year Ray has participated).

Wednesday, Dec 14th, Second & Third Grade Chorus Concert 10:30 am

No comments:

Post a Comment